The Organizing Committee of the International Symposium on Psychological Assessment (SIAP) announces that registration will be open for submission of scientific papers from 05/27/2021 until 06/20/2021. The process for submitting work proposals will be completely online, by filling in the Work Submission Form. When filling out the form, it is important to carefully read the shipping instructions. Only the works of those who follow the required instructions will be analyzed, according to the model indicated in this notice and within the established deadline. Papers that do not meet all criteria will not be accepted.
Types of academic work
Theoretical study: critical study dedicated to analyzing and discussing theories, models or theoretical formulations, with a view to improving theoretical foundations in the field of psychological assessment.
Literature review: integrative or systematic reviews of publications and empirical studies in the field of psychological assessment.
Empirical research: research and empirical studies in the area of psychological assessment, carried out with human beings, and that has been approved by a Research Ethics Committee (CEP).
Experience Report: presentation of results of technical, pedagogical experiences or cases related to practices in different professional, teaching or work areas in psychological assessment.
It will be possible to register the works that deal with themes in the area of psychological assessment and that fit into one of the following thematic axes:
– Ethical aspects related to psychological assessment and psychological tests
– Assessment of personality, intelligence and other psychological constructs
– Neuropsychological assessment
– Evidence-based psychological assessment
– Compulsory psychological assessment
– Psychological assessment in pandemic contexts
– Psychological assessment of human development
– Psychological assessment in the area of traffic
– Psychological assessment in the educational and school area
– Psychological assessment in the hospital area
– Psychological assessment in the forensic field
– Psychological assessment in the organizational and work area
– Psychological assessment in the health field
– Psychological assessment for public exam
– Psychological assessment for carrying weapons
– Commercialization of psychological tests
– Psychological assessment education
– Computerized use of psychological tests
Abstracts of approved scientific papers must be presented exclusively in the format of electronic poster (e-poster) and Pitch (video recorded with 5 to 7 minutes). After the approval and dissemination of the results, the authors should prepare the e-poster, containing the sections: title, objectives, methodology, results, considerations and references. The format for sending the presentation files must, mandatorily, follow the guidelines contained in the “Instructions for sending the electronic poster (e-poster) and video (Pitch) file” section of this notice.
The presentation will take place during the International Symposium on Psychological Assessment – SIAP, between the 12th and 14th of August, 2021. The authors will answer the questions asked in the chat by the participants during the symposium.
The best works may be invited for the subsequent publication of an e-book chapter, the result of the awarded works will be announced on 08/14/2021.
Doctors, masters, specialists, professionals and undergraduate and graduate students may submit their proposals.
Registration will start on 05/27/2021 and the maximum deadline for submission is 06/20/2021.
The Paper Submission Form will be available through the link: https://forms.gle/kURjzH5rxfhbs6m19 . The registration of the work will be done by completing the form completely and sending the form, being limited to the participant to answer only one form.
A confirmation of receipt of the scientific work and the information answered will be sent via e-mail. If you do not receive it, do not receive it within 3 (three) days, contact the Organizing Committee by e-mail: [email protected] .
Guidelines for submissions:
First, the proposals must be presented in the form of a summary of up to 500 words containing the title, objectives, methodology, results and considerations, if approved, they must be presented in the form of an e-poster, which in turn must contain the sections: title, objectives, methodology, results, considerations and references. Therefore, it will be up to the proponent, at the time of registration:
- Fill the registration form with your personal data;
- Choose the type of submission that, in this case, will be the e-poster and pitch (video);
- Determine the thematic axis on which the proposal will be presented;
- Attach the abstract of the work, following all the rules determined in the section “Standardization of scientific works”, of this public notice.
Standardization of scientific works
All abstracts must comply with the following standards:
LETTER: Times New Roman
SPACING: 1.5 between lines;
TITLE: In bold, centralized and upper case (capital letters), size 12 (twelve);
AUTHOR AND GUIDELINES NAMES (if any): In size 10, bold and aligned to the left, together with the educational institution and funding agency (if any);
ABSTRACT: Letter size 11 (eleven) with a maximum of 500 (five hundred) words, containing title, objectives, methodology, results and considerations.
KEYWORDS: Average of 3 (three), separated by point;
Languages of submitted articles
Proposals for papers will be accepted for presentation in e-poster in the following languages: Portuguese, English or Spanish.
Responsibilities of the participant
- The participant can submit up to three works as the main author and there is no limit on co-authorship per work.
- It is the responsibility of the author in charge of submitting the proposal to include the name of all co-authors in the work proposal, also inserting the institution to which the co-author (s) belong.
- When the abstract is approved, the presentation will take place through images of the Poster and Pitch (Video recorded with 5 to 7 minutes).
- Authors must be responsible for sending the file of the e-poster and the video for the presentation of the work (Pitch), according to the following rules:
- 4.1 The files (e-poster and video) must be sent, without fail, in the period between August 1, 2021 and August 8, 2021, according to the schedule presented
- 4.2 The format for sending the presentation files must necessarily follow the guidelines contained in the section “Instructions for sending the electronic poster (e-poster) and video (Pitch) file” of this notice.
Result of submissions
The result of the evaluation of the submitted works is expected to be published between 06/21/2021 and July 5, 2021. The authors will be informed about the result of the evaluation through the e-mail indicated in the filling out of the form, and they are responsible for certification.
Instructions for sending the electronic poster (e-poster) and video (Pitch) file
After the dissemination of the results, the authors who obtained their approved work must prepare the e-poster, containing the sections: title, objectives, methodology, results, considerations and references. The video of the presentation of the work (Pitch) must be recorded with 5 to 7 minutes of duration.
The files must follow these guidelines:
- The e-poster file must be sent to the email: [email protected] between August 1st and 8th, 2021, (PDF, JPG or PNG formats will be allowed);
- The limit of the e-poster is only 1 page, the size of which must be 38.1 cm x 65.969 cm (width x height);
- The types of fonts to be used will be Arial or Calibri, with a minimum size of 24 for the title, 18 for the general content and 14 for the references;
- The use of italics should only be used to highlight terms in languages other than Portuguese;
- The first and second lines of the e-poster must have, in a centralized form, the title of the work (which must be the same as the abstract sent to the event website, written in capital letters and in bold); the name (s) of the author (s) and presenter must be underlined; and, finally, your institution (s) and the email address of the first author or one of the authors must be placed in parentheses;
- The e-poster must contain the sections: title, objectives, methodology, results, considerations and references;
- Graphics and static images can be used on electronic posters.
- The presentation video must be recorded, by the candidate himself, with a duration between 5 to 7 minutes. The participant must save the recording on the Youtube platform and send the preview link to the event’s Organizing Committee along with the e-poster file through the email: [email protected]